View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 08:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibor370 View Post
... Do you mean the wheel actually detached from the car? If so, then that's pretty crazy that the car wasn't totalled.

Does it drive and feel the same after the accident compared to before? This is the other thing I'm worried about - that the car won't ever feel "right" again.
Yes, the wheel/brake/etc assembly was laying in the ditch a few yards behind the car. There was a lot of discussion between the insurance company and the body shop about whether or not to total it. The body shop told me it was repairable, so I urged them do so if insurance would pay for it.

As far as I could tell, it drove exactly the same after the repairs.

If I hadn't had a body shop that I could trust, I would have pushed to have had it totaled. I, my family, and many friends have been using the shop for several decades. Great people.