View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 07:06 AM   #116 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
My guess is many factors contribute to it. I always was under the impression 12-14psi was max. But, that was because some guys were going SI trim on the Vortech, upgrading the turbine, upgraded bearings to overspin. That was bringing on the torque hard early in the power band. Torque is the breaking factor for rods/spun bearings.

I don't think i actually ever heard of anyone actually going through a headgasket with the v1/v2 kits even at 16psi.

So, how much boost can we safely go before headgasket problems.
Yes torque is more of a factor on motor longevity. However, it also hugely depends on how that torque is delivered. Do you see how perfectly linearly the torque gets ramped in on these kits? That is friendly to the motor as it does not experience an impact of it. Also the higher in the rpm band you can push the torque the easier peak torque is on the engine.

Turbos take all that torque and slam it in very early in the rpm band which is that "rush" feeling...and then they taper off. This is also a fun experience as it hits like a freight train, but is harder on rods. Go look at a dyno graph of a single or twin turbos and see how the torque looks.

This kit brings torque in and it just keeps climbing which is a totally different experience than turbo setups. The car just keeps pulling and pulling like its trying to exit the damn atmosphere! Much more predictable. Especially for a track setup.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 04-09-2021 at 07:19 AM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote