View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maestro666
Base Member

Drives: 370z 7AT 2014
Maestro666 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeder View Post
Thanks for the input. I think I can get used to the sound but was wondering if the amplitude of the sound was decreased. I drove yesterday for about an hour and a half on the highway and it was pretty fatiguing. That said, I looked up the price for stock cats and was very surprised to find out that they're twice as expensive as the FI HFCs! I do enjoy the way the car sounds in the parking garage in first going up to 4k RPMs!

I'll probably take a couple months and see if I get used to it or go back to stock cats. I was reading on the tuning section last night about running lean after breather mods with no tune and now that has me paranoid. I have no idea if the car was tuned but the previous owner said he bought the car with all the mods already on it and that was about 16,000 miles ago. There aren't any warning lights so I'd imagine things are decently sorted but I need to start trying to confirm what maintenance I need to make sure has been done since it's got 76,000 miles on the clock.
You need sound deadening. The hatch echo's like an auditorium.
Maestro666 is offline   Reply With Quote