View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone swears by the Hotchkiss so that’s probably the way you should go. It’s odd though or I guess maybe I am as I just did a track day last month and I tried dialing in some different setups with mine (Stillen) and tried full stiff front and full soft rear and figured if I liked it and wanted more of it then I’d buy the Hotchkiss setup. Kind of glad I tested because I think I just saved myself some money. The Stillen front isn’t rated nearly as stiff as the Hotchkiss and yet the front end just became totally nervous and light like I couldn’t trust the grip and it wanted to push at the same time. Set the front to middle and it was a totally different car the next session and would lean (obviously) and grip. Then tried the rear in the middle and that works too, better on some turns but maybe a little nervous rear on some others. So seems I’ve found my setup but I’m surprised no one thinks the Hotchkiss understeers. I’m still slow and only in group b so maybe it’s just me but I couldn’t find myself going into the turns as hard with the way the steering and balance felt.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote