View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
fryzia23
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 MB 370Z NISMO
fryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Hello fellow New Jersian!

Sorry about your motor. I pretty much have the same car, 2011 Black Nismo. It's nice to know that the splitter solved the heat issue. I have had heat issues since always, it used to be oil temps before going TT now it is coolant temps. Your air dam looks perfect, very jealous. Just curious how much weight can the splitter hold, could you stand on it, the wing? How crazy was the rear end with out a good functional rear wing, how big of a difference was it from stock to this.
I had 110lbs girl stand on it without a problem. I did not wanna take a chance standing on it myself (185lbs)but I think it could handle it as well. I added 2 more supports down the middle that aren't pictured. The wing does move around a bit but having the uprights mounting points spread from top to the back of the hatch helped a lot I think. The problem with the movement is the rear lid itself so maybe some time down the road I will play around with that to make it more rigid. Going down the straight close to 140mph it still held so it should be fine. It made huge difference when it comes to added downforce. I know you're familiar with this track so I was able to get into turn 12 close to 110mph which before wouldn't even come close to that. This was not even being on the limit. I think with this setup I could get into 1:29s with a bit more seat time and good conditions. Totally loved it how the car handled. Highly recommend
fryzia23 is offline   Reply With Quote