View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 09:43 AM   #725 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Getting closer to having the front end together. I need to have the transmission in so that the engine tilts forward a little bit. Look how damn close the water pump hot side fitting is right now! Again, transmission will tell the true placement. The X pipe will need some adjustment.

I posted the pictures below on FB. The response was VERY positive. I only had one comment of concern and that was over the X pipe. So yeah, I'm sure there are better engineered solutions; but, this is where I landed at for now. There's absolutely no concern about missing HP. I will literally turn the boost up another pound if I want more. The reality is... this engine will make WAY more power than the platform will handle. I talked to my engine builder buddy and he said something ridiculous about the components for my engine being able to handle 40lbs of boost and quoted 1500hp. That's bananas.

The car will live most of it's life on gate pressure, 3-6lbs. I'll turn it up for special events. to achieve my goals such as 200mph in the half mile. A boost controller is in my future. Also, I need to build the rear end of my car before I can do that. This brings me to my latest score. Oh... I already said I have a Winters Quick Change... well. I have a picture of it now... doing nothing. The Winters Quick Change can take the power AND allow me to set the gearing to hit the 200mph goal. FYI, I'll have a cage put in before that attempt. My wife wants me alive for some reason.

Man, the engine bay density has been why I've been sweating all the details. It's rewarding to see this FINALLY come together (close anyway).

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote