View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #721 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Pulled from IG:
I can't really gather how happy I am to have my engine finished. It's built exactly how I wanted using quality parts. There's a lot of high dollar builds out there and I understand this isn't some billet bad *** master piece; but, this is special because it was built by me going through every nut and bolt (with some guidance from close friends). This is my first engine built. Clearly I'm not finished with my build but I finally have a green check in the right column. That means a lot to me. ✅

Nothing like dropping in the engine by yourself. On and off the he forklift a million times to make sure nothing gets hit!

I've got to say, the Sikky power steering lines were really nice and made life easy.

If anyone was curious about how far the LS sits back with LOJ motor mounts and F body accessories. Here you go.

I modified the old core support to have a lower air shroud. Literally 2 bolts to take it on and off as one unit. I can also run the Zspeed under tray with this set-up too.

Using factory mount points, my crash bar is held on with 2 bolts and 4 locking nuts. Crash bar also serves as turbo mounting (using @mavenperformance) and radiator mounting.

4 bolts to hold the radiator on. Back of the air box gains stiffness from the radiator. Water pump lines have been simplified. Lol okay like I'll need a 45deg -16 coming off the Meziere pump to bottom of the radiator. @independenteng moved the bung to the bottom side so minimal hose could be used.

Small problem with my air shroud. Looks like an easy fix. Improvise, adapt and overcome.

Almost have my lines wrapped up. 4 -10 lines will be mounted against the shock tower vertical. All this hose management is difficult to keep looking clean. #motionraceworks #fragola

---------------

If any of this hose management looks trivial... It's really not. It's a PITA because there is no blue print to guarantee fit.

I need to order up a couple more fittings but I think This is near the final stage of what the Oil, coolant and breather hoses need to be.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote