View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
GameTheory
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z MB 7AT
GameTheory is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 to 332 View Post
Here's what SPL said when I wrote to them recently with a similar concern:

"Endlinks are always going to try and move to the edge of their articulation. Are you installing them without any preload - as in installing them when the wheels are at ride height with no load on the swaybar, as not doing this can exacerbate this. As long as they are not hitting the stud coming out of the rod end, then they are not going to wear the bearing any quicker."

You may want to try and adjust them to center with the car on ramps with no load on the bar ... and then inspect them after driving for a bit to see if that helps. Also make sure that you lube the swaybar bushings; otherwise, you'll likely experience some rubbing noise down the road.
Thanks boss. These were installed while on a lift so I'm guessing that's what played into everything not being exactly lined up. I'll head out there today to see if they're actually hitting the rod ends or not.

Worst case I'm swapping out the fucas in a few weeks so I could just drop everything back down and reinstall it with hopefully minimal wear.
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote