View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 12:35 PM   #3618 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBiN~HURMiT View Post
Sorry to say that the Motec display / logger in my car is (although pretty) little more than a glorified shift light.
At last check, since Ray Shake left MA-M before finishing my car, there isn't anyone there that can program it.
I did take it to the closest Motec dealer (in New York State specializing in Hondas) once I got it back to N.J. - They turned down the job saying that I would also need the Motec computer and the Motec sensors to make it fully functional.
In addition, since the Motec system is highly specialized, the tune would also have to be done by a qualified Motec tuner.
I did find and check with a Motec tuner (JR Barrios- affiliated with Prime Motoring in Wallington N.J. who specializes in Subaru's) and the tune would start in the neighborhood of $2,000 or more - and would take a couple of days on the dyno to complete.
JR is a race tuner and has some impressive credentials with Subarus ... but you may be hard pressed to find a Motec tuner with similar credentials for the 370Z.
JR Tuning does set up appointments and travels the country to just do tunes.
This info that I've just shared is almost a year old now, and unfortunately, haven't had my car back on the road for any length of time since then.
I hope this is has been helpful.
They would be correct. A custom Motec ECU package would be needed to get full use of the display. I am not sure if this could be integrated into Vit's package. To upgrade to the Motec ECU would be 10k and I am sure it would be extra to accommodate the C125 display. Custom work like this is not cheap. Finding someone that will do it is even harder. The C125 is cool as it is in your car.

Last edited by Spooler; 04-04-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Spooler is online now   Reply With Quote