View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eris
Base Member

Drives: 18 370
Eris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7at issue not going away

Hello, friends... here again with more issues.

My 7at started shifting a bit funny when going from 3rd to 4th, in manual mode... eventually it started getting worse... at first it was just a strange feel, then it started shifting roughly and more quickly than usual... then the problem transferred to changes from 2nd to 3rd... and finally there was a clicking noise going from 3rd to 4th... not a clunk...a somewhat small click up front.

All this only ever happened when shifting with some noticeable load in the throttle... if I was just opening the throttle below 20% whilst shifting, it'd shift normally.

I was told here it might be as simple as transmission fluid change.

The dealership seemed to agree. They said it was that... and that the fluid was already degraded (at 29k miles).

I changed it. And so did I the diff fluid as well.

It worked... for 2 months...

Yesterday, the clicking and harsher changes came back... again from 3rd to 4th (in M mode)

This time I noticed out of nowhere a click and jerk whislt slowing down (I didnt downshift manually)... immediately after that, the problem was back... with a vengeance. The clicking is louder this time around.

Im confounded...
If the fluid wasnt the issue, why then did the problem ""go away"" the first 2 months after changing? What kind of problem can a transmission fluid change hide for just some weeks?

What could it be?

Asking here, lads, as I don't trust dealerships and they are not good at what they do.

Thanks for your time again.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G985F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Eris; 04-03-2021 at 11:45 AM.
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote