View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 11:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz46 View Post
In my opinion, Any good aftermarket BBK, like AP RACING will be better than GTR OEM brakes and cheaper probably. I have some time In a 2020 gtr nismo, and a lot of owners changed the brakes to a aftermarket BBK like Alcon(for tracking purposes)

The thing is that here in Europe modify the car is a pain in the ***, any mod, even if it's simple like a wheelspacer equals a +300$ fine + a car inspection that you need to pass X year to check if the car is stock.

I have to think about it because as i said, changing the front braking system equals a problems, but one option i have, and i'm thinking seriously is to go AP Radical 1 calipers for the fronts, the list of available pads and discs is vastly expanded.ç

thank you
Not arguing, just clarifying my thoughts...

Key point was if you could have it for cheap. For the same price, I would obviously go with the few reputable aftermarket BBK setups. Used OEM GTR brakes are still much cheaper than reputable aftermarket BBK, full setup to full setup, in the US market at least.

I assume the brake bias is still ok....long time ago an AP rep said bias would be wrong, but nowadays there are a few cars running around with that setup, one is a euro member that tracks and is turbo’d, so I guess the bias is ok....I don’t know....

I think judging the sufficiency against the GTR is tough, they are 5-600hp pigs after all. For use on a Z34, OEM GTR hardwares would be more than sufficient...easily few hundred pounds less, 2-300 hp less....