View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 09:58 AM   #716 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I'm back on track again. The machine screw only went into the shaft mount rocker and it snapped off with a little nub that I could grab with a pair of needle nose pliers. New machine screw should be here today.

After I averted that disaster I decided I needed a change of pace. I added some wax to my calipers specifically designed to keep brake dust down. I did a few coats through the night and it was super easy. Just my speed.

Z1 two piece rotors have been in my Juke for a week so I figured I should take them out and get them on the car. The hats of the rotors were powder coated because they were looking rough. I will say this, the powder coating changed the bore size for the bolts just a tiny amount. A rubber mallet persuaded the bolts into their home. I used a dot of red loctite on all the bolts and TQ'ed them down to 9ft/lbs, the directions called for inch lbs so I just did a conversion. easy easy.

With all that said... My engine should be going back in the car shortly. No other build items are needed on it. I won't say that the engine will not come out again but... This MIGHT be the last time it's out for a while.

I talked to my buddy who is a fabricator/welder and he has agreed to help me next week with all the final welds for the turbo system. That alone should significantly speed up the finish work for the boost system. With that finished, I can move over to electrical/wiring. That's where I'm going to lean on Nick/Dave, owners of Auto Dynamix.

The Carbotec pad is an AX6. The pad fits my driving style because it has CRAZY high initial TQ. Personally, I like resting my foot on the brake pedal and the car responds to that. I used them before and they make an unbelievable amount of brake dust. The brake coolers actually blow the dust from the wheel down the side of the car. Also, I was able to lock the brakes up on the highway going 90mph. You can guess what I saw out in the distance sitting in the middle of the median. The initial bite is no joke.

Last edited by gbrettin; 04-02-2021 at 03:56 PM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote