Thread: custom gauges
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 06:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
SonicVQ
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
SonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3 View Post
As far as the indicators go, I believe that they are all sent on the CAN bus in different messages, so if you're really 'bout that life then you can make a device to monitor the bus and do whatever you want when you see the bits in the messages. I'm not sure if the gauge cluster does this or if it has discrete lines for each indicator, but I do know that you can get at them from the CAN bus.
Did someone say CAN bus???? That's been my area of research for the last 3 months

(Updated with correction)
The turn signal stalk is wired to the BCM.
When the turn signal stalk is signalling a turn, the BCM flashes the external turn signals and broadcasts a CAN message, that is received by the combination meter/gauge cluster which turns on/off the gauge cluster turn signal.

The CAN ID for the turn signal is 0x60D (BCM), second byte, bit 6 for right turn / bit 5 for left turn.

Last edited by SonicVQ; 04-01-2021 at 06:53 PM.
SonicVQ is offline   Reply With Quote