View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
gnznroses
Base Member

Drives: '11 Sprt/Trng Loaded
gnznroses is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Front bumper splintering? + Wheel well destroyed itself

Took a relatively short road trip, and just before getting home I went to clean the windshield again with wipers/spray, and no fluid came out. Figuring it was empty, got home and started filling the reservoir, only to realize it was puddling on the ground. Found two areas of damage:

1. The black plastic in the wheel well, at the front right, was all shredded up. [PIC] The hose for the wiper fluid runs through here and it was severed. My first thought was I'd run over something, but on closer inspection, I don't think so. This black plastic piece has been kinda loose for about two years, and I'd keep pushing it back into place, but I didn't see any way to fasten it or why exactly it was coming loose. It looks like it came really loose during my drive and touched the wheel, because there's a big section shredded up and kinda melted looking.

2. Along my front bumper there's these lines running horizontal. [PIC] They're either scratches (I dunno what could scratch it in that direction), or the plastic is splintering. I'm thinking it's the latter. I've certainly scraped my front end on low driveways and such, many times over the years, but these are new.

On my drive I did hit a hell of a rough railroad crossing, but that's all I can think of lately.
gnznroses is offline   Reply With Quote