View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 04:01 PM   #712 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I lumped a few pictures in with a different day above. Probably a good thing. When I turned the engine over one of the lifters slid up. Push rods were put into the engine, last component, and all of them went in but one. The plenum and head had to come off so that I could seat the lifter back in. After that, the push rods were added in.

So... that was fun...

I also twisted one machine head off on the shaft mount rocker. I didn't even take a picture because I was so pissed off. I was completing the TQ specs on the bolts. 50in/lbs is not 50ft/lbs ... Yes I know the difference. I glanced at a sideways picture of the TQ specifications and only saw 50. I was already tired and irritated that the plenum and head was removed, then I started to rush. I even made the comment (in my head) "Gesh, that's a fck ton of TQ on a machine screw" ... Yeah, that's because it is.

I talked to my BTR rep about my sob story and they are sending me a new hardened machine bolt, along with MLS exhaust gaskets I paid for. They sent the machine bolt for free.

SO...... Either that bolt is coming out or I am going to run it as is. I'm NOT going to drill that out. The bolt that twisted in half was in a spot where it will have little to no effect.

This build has been completely transparent. I hope that is all the proof you need. Also, I can't stand stuff that goes sideways like that. I knew there was something wrong and I pushed forward.

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote