View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 01:16 PM   #6267 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I predict you are dead wrong, at least in the U.S. market. The 370Z didn't sell well in the U.S. for many reasons (none of which are for the reasons you mention). The new Z will sell worse than the 370Z, mark my words. Not just because the car isn't spectacular (its not), but because the current market just doesn't support such a car well.

Well as we know, aesthetics are purely in the eye of the beholder. I have always considered the 370Z as what a modern FWD poor mans Porsche would look like, and I say even after 12 years it still looks modern, fresh, and spectacular. This new Z, at least from pictures, looks like an attempt to take the front of a 240Z, a rear end of a 300ZX, and make it look like a poor mans Jag / Aston. I think they did a decent job at it. But in pictures it looks boring as hell. Not ugly, just boring. I'll hold final judgement until I see it in person. But for you to find the 370Z ugly and this car amazing enough to buy cracks me up. You must not like Porsches.

Well for the U.S. market, in the current HP wars market, it will be considered WAY lacking, one of the reasons this new car won't sell well at all.

WAYYYY better? What kind of weed are you smoking? It's merely an update on what was already a nice interior. They added new tech, and something had to give. WAYYYY better? Yet from what we have seen in pics, the door interiors are exactly the same, the center arm rest is basically the same, the 3 gauge cluster is basically the same, and so are the climate controls. You say its WAYYYY better, yet you would prefer an analog instrument cluster (as do I, hence why I like the 370 more than the new Z cluster). The 370Z has been a great interior since the beginning. Lacking modern gizmos doesn't change that. The new interior isn't WAYYYY better, its just slightly different to accommodate modern tech. People like you will be trashing this interior in 5 years just because it's missing some new tech or they haven't added some bright yellow stitching. I say a big whatever.

While you will be rushing out to buy the new Z, I think many people like me will not. I find it hard to believe a large number of current 370Z owners would switch just to switch. 350 to 370, for sure. 370 to (400), not so much. I think the largest contingent of buyers will be people like you, who skipped the 370, haven't had one for a while, or are all new to the market.

Of course, all just my opinion, as was your post.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Wow, who pissed in your coffee this morning? Very salty opinions!
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote