View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 10:27 AM   #709 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

I was on the fence about posting this... but it appears I must pull my engine one more time. The thrust bearing appears to be cocked up and not allowing the crank to spin easily. One step was missed when putting in the bearings: The main bolts needed to be snugged a little on main cap 3 (location of the thrust bearing) and then I needed to seat the bearing by tapping the crank back and forth. After that, I needed to do the same on 2,4 and then 1,5.

The only good news about this is that I can leave a lot of the engine intact. Heck, I think I can even leave the intake on (I hope so anyway.) The engine builder will be with me this next time because I'm 100% going to burn my car down if I need to pull the engine again.

On a different note, my Meziere fitting came in for the water pump. All of the water pump stuff is ultra clean compared to where I first started.

If you're thinking about making a crack about me pulling the engine again. Consider this. I was at the shop by myself for hours last night pulling the engine while dwelling on how I have to go in reverse again. I've taken time off of work so I can work with the engine builder today to make sure that this is the last time ( hopefully... but I'll do what ever is necessary.) Needless to say, I am a bit raw at this point.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote