View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 03:06 PM   #708 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks cv129! Appreciate the feed back. That was 100% what I was going for. Having an idea and trying to translate that sometimes can go horrible wrong. I'm glad the color didn't get out of hand.

Another post with pictures. If it feels like I'm posting pictures everyday... that's about how often I am at the shop putting in the work. I'm trying to do what I can when I can. I figure, something is better than nothing.

I put the lower air box on a couple days ago. It's two bolts that go into the frame. Very simple. Yesterday, I brought back the radiator from my house. The bottom of the radiator was drilled for a -16 line. That was keeps the path of the hose simple. To keep the aluminum shavings to a minimum, I tapped my shop vac really close to the hole I drilled. That worked beautiful. 99% of all the shavings were sucked up.

I think something should be said about the simplicity of the radiator mounting. There's literally 4 bolts holding it down, 2 in the top crash bar and 2 at the bottom, with a bolt. Easy Easy just the way I planned it. Not that I'm trying to take the radiator out all the time... but ease of maintenance will be a good thing. I know I said it before but I actually got to experience the ease of putting it together instead of being mid fabrication.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote