View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 09:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default You are quite right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Well I think it's an unnecessary burden to make HPDE people go to a shop to do this simple inspection.
"Qualified Inspector or Certified Shop Tech must initial each item"
https://thedriversedge.net/wp-conten...-Insp-2021.pdf

I'd ask them to provide a list of the "Contact information of each qualified persons and shop" if they want to be so anal. And if they can't/won't do it yourself and say your qualified because that have no idea who is or isn't.

You are quite right, They do not know who is or isn't qualified to sign off on the tech inspections.

Every time I check in at one of their events, with TDE, they take the sheet and file it almost immediately. They might look at it for 5 seconds to see if there is writing on the sheet. That's it. They hand me my information envelope and I am off and running. The Newbies to the group might get more scrutiny but I would not bet on it. It'll take a big incident at one of their events to change the way of ensuring cars are Track Ready.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote