Thread: Wueros tt build
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #77 (permalink)
Wuero370z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370z
Wuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond repute

Well finally got to inspect the car today. It is very weird....
It seems like the driver side axle is stripped out. Almost as if the axle is spinning at the inner joint but not the actual cv joint just the shaft. I jacked the rear end up and it ran through 1st gear with zero noise and didn’t have any drag or anything. Then when I lowered the car it would move forward and back but if I put even a little pressure on the ebrake to have some resistance something just started grinding like hell. It’s almost as if the hub is stripped out but I’m 99% positive it’s not and the axle is just broken.
Very strange but I’m going to swap oem axles back on and see what happens.
I’m thinking because of the stiffer rear suspension and dumping the clutch it’s just too much for these things. Stock suspension felt so much better under launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wuero370z is offline   Reply With Quote