View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 09:45 AM   #6251 (permalink)
Andaesthetics
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z
Andaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond reputeAndaesthetics has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
my question is who really cares what the name is?

like at this point is it important at all? we all call our cars a Z anyways for the most part.

lets focus on more important things such as power, weight, which AT is being used, can we get it without the ugly chrome katanas on the pillars, are the gtr brembos an option or just proto hype, etc...
Just "Z" is the most likely name. If there are no numbers on these leaked cars, which appear to be completely finished production versions, it probably won't have any number nomenclature.

Also, I have a feeling there will be a lot of options:
-Roof, pillars, hatch, mirrors in black vs body color
On the silver car the pillars, roof, hatch, and mirrors are black while on the grey car they all match the grey body color. Also the top grille of the grey car appears to be body color (it's hard to tell in the video if the silver car had a body colored grille).

-4 piston Akebono or 6 piston GTR Brembo
Both leaked cars had red Akebonos brakes instead of the yellow GTR Brembos we saw on the Proto

-Gun metal or bronze wheels
Both had gun metal wheels, Proto had bronze wheels

-Interior colored stitching
I noticed these cars (at least the grey one) didn't have any colored stitching on the interior and the Z proto did.

-Carbon fiber exterior parts
These cars had black trim parts in place of the carbon diffuser, side skirts, and bottom lip (actually the 2 leaked cars didn't have a bottom lip attachment).

What if all of these things are options? And this is where I can see them making a lot of extra money as well. If we see the new Z starting anywhere from $35-39K, these options could easily bring it to low 50Ks and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot of Zs selling with a lot of options. And it would give Z enthusiasts the opportunity to really make their Z their own. It's probably wishful thinking, but wasn't it wishful thinking to think we'd get a new Z in the first place?

Last edited by Andaesthetics; 03-24-2021 at 10:51 AM.
Andaesthetics is offline   Reply With Quote