View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #6242 (permalink)
2017370ZBlack
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Black 6MT
2017370ZBlack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4atatime View Post
Ok now the Z looks fire in this color. The spoiler on the rear really ties it together. However honest opinion I don't think I'd buy one. The reason is simple I can almost guarantee I will be able to make one on my existing 370z much cheaper than I can buy one. The chassis is the same basically so if I wanted I should be able to take the body panels off the 400z and put them on the 370z (or someone will make a body kit) I can already drop a vr30 in the 370z for cheap (those motors are not expensive) and I enjoy the physical guages more than the digital ones in the interior. Add in the cost increase we will see and I bet I could do it a good bit cheaper than buying a new one and selling my old one.

Edit: So taking the Maxima price increase it got for 2009 to 2021 model it's a 7k increase for the base model. I expect the same or more for the Z which in my opinion isn't going to fly with consumers.

LMAO- Swapping 400Z body panels onto a 370Z would be super costly and there will certainly be enough differences in ways panels attach to the chassis that it would be a major PITA.
2017370ZBlack is offline   Reply With Quote