View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Houston Z33
Base Member

Drives: Z34, 40th Anniv #524
Houston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Z33 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slongholio View Post
Epic fail #1

The NAV system. Does anyone disagree? Completely useless. Give me the ability to option out if you're going to make it suck again. Had to get it because it came along with the other options that I did want.
Looks to have the latest and greatest, Android Auto / Apple Car Play will keep the headunit "fresh" for a while I feel.

Quote:
#Epic Fail #2:

The steering column lock that gets stuck and leaves you stranded. On top of having to pay for a tow, you replace/repair it with the same shitty part that will fail again. And charge way too much damn money for it. So like I and many others did, we pull the fuse on it so it won't happen again. Just leave it off and lower the overall price of the car if you're not going to fix it.
They flat out pulled this out back in 2013

Quote:
Fail #3

The trunk latch actuator that is made with plastic gears inside. Ok, yeah, you screwed up, had the opportunity to make a better part once you knew the issue, but you didn't. Still had to replace with a new failure prone part for hundreds of dollars. Really? That much for a little plastic piece of ****, and you don't fix it when you realize so many people are having a problem with it?
Yeah, I don't think they fixed this.....willing to bet this will be a straight up carry over part.

Quote:
Fail #4
Trunk that won't open because of a shitty piece of plastic spring. Nuff said. Had the issue within six months. People on youtube putting pennnies in there. So how does that inspire me to have confidence in your engineering? A couple ******* pennies can fix it, but you can't? lol.
See #3

Quote:
Fail #5

That plastic trim under the engine making it a pain in the *** to change the oil. For **** sake, at least make it aluminum, and don't use plastic ******* screws to keep it on. Some 10mm bolts would be nice for that application, in there are any mechanical engineers working for you, they'd know what I'm talking about.

Did I miss anything? Feel free to add on. Overall I'm happy with my 2011 370, but this **** here feels like something from Fisher Price, not a well engineered machine.
See #3

I was hoping for more storage on the inside ala 350Z, looks like it's a carry over from the 370Z. There's going to be a hell of a lot of "Carry Over" I fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
If we’re gonna talk about 370 shortcomings that need/should be addressed for the z35, how about

Oil cooler that actually works so you can do more than one or two laps w/o overheating

A fuel pickup in the tank that won’t fuel starve at almost a full tank when on r comps, (yes, that happens, somehow Nissan seems to have defied physics but they did).

Real performance seats that do a better job. New nismo is an improvement but still could be better

Diff cooler

A metal csc for fvck’s sake

Brake cooling/improved calipers, rotors and pads

I’m sure there’s more, but that’s the short list.
VR30 doesn't have the cooling issues the shoehorned VQ37 did

Carry over

Seats are going to stay comfortable for GenPop, Nismo will have the seats we're looking for

A metal CSC, I hope like hell they are listening but realistically it'll be another carry over part...hell we need to be thankful we got a stick to go with that plastic CSC

Dunno about cooling, Akebonos are the "base" calipers now and Brembos are the upgrade
- Dunno if GenPop is ready for how rotor hungry Akebonos are

Last edited by Houston Z33; 03-23-2021 at 09:08 AM.
Houston Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote