View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 12:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
They might not disclose the list intentionally but they (and anybody else) can be hacked.

I could see it happening. Investigating you (or anyone else; especially those that post online about their mods) would be a just few keystrokes.

The amount you might contribute is nothing compared to what the big donors are already coming up with.

But I've been called paranoid before, so ....

Edit: Not saying one shouldn't support the cause. Just be aware that nothing you do online should be considered private.
Sure, but think of it in terms of risk vs reward. The data would have to be collected by each Senator or Congress-person, which would also mean they'd need a reason to do it, which would mean lobbyists or big business saying "hey it's actually in your best interests to do this thing for me, and I'll contribute to your campaign if you do". I don't see that happening. Most businesses do not lobby on behalf of the EPA.

Absolutely agree that nothing we do online is truly private.