View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 10:19 AM   #5220 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
Funny story. I took a picture of the mileage before going in. Had 60 miles added. When I confronted the Nissan service tech, told me that he had to drive it to feel the alignment issues.

And to add to it, I did a paint correction and ceramic coating. Told them "Hey, this just went for a paint correction and ceramic coating... be careful". It comes back with dirty water streaks. Someone hand washed it with dirty water and marred up the ceramic coating. I freaked out at the guy at this point. His response is "all our cars that get service get hand washed". Couldn't believe it. Saw the bucket of nasty water and over used cloths. WTF ! Hand Washed? HAND WASH!!!! So there it is, a bucket filled with old nasty Rouge and Maxima sweat... all over my new Z.
How is that funny? You can't let them do that shìt to your car. By letting them get away with it, you're just encouraging them to continue doing it to other customers. I would be speaking with the GM about the unnecessary miles. Shouldn't need more than 1-2 miles to figure out an alignment issue if any at all - just put it on the rack and it will tell you all you need to know. I take a photo and tell them if it needs more than driving around the dealer lot (1/4-1/2 mile tops) then they need to call me for authorization to put miles on it with a good explanation why.

I'd also be making them pay for a new ceramic coat by a competent detailer if necessary. Never let a dealer detail your car - I don't even let them put the stupid plastic number on top of the roof much less wipe it down with dirty rags.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote