View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 09:36 PM   #5218 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
Took the nismos out trying to get a feel for the differences

So i bought the 370z nismo back in October and really didn't get a chance to rip it up. (I live in new england, the 350z nismo goes to hibernation at this time)

Any advice on the following:

1) The 370z is hard to heal toe. The throttle is not responsive at all. Heal toe on the 350z is a breeze. Never really have an issue. But wow, with the 370z, i have to pump the throttle to the floor momentarily to get the revs up before down shifting.

Q) Option in tuning to adjust this?

2) Handling on the highway is my other concern. I took it to nissan to get aligned and they made some adjustments. But the highways here are not completely flat. (i'm assuming else where as well) To move rain water to the sides, the highway is at its highest point in the center lane and lowest on the far lanes

Q) While switching lanes or driving in the middle lane, do others feel hard pulls in the steering wheel? My 350z nismo still has the factory nismo suspension, factory alignment specs and i usually do not feel these pulls. There is some as the the suspension is adjusting to the lane shift, but the 370z is a bit more extreme.

3) the 370z has better throttle response and low end torque than my 350z with a supercharger w/ A-A kit. I read that the 350z was supposed to be more responsive in the low end. This could be the 350z tune... but I am very impressed with the 3-6K power band on the 370. After 6k... a dud. Needs some FI to take over :-)

Q) Anyone else here go from a 350z -> 370z and thought the same?

Looking forward to the comments
For heel-toe, get a tune and the RJM clutch pedal. I too had a 350Z immediately prior to my 370Z and had a hell of a time shifting properly with the 370 until I had the RJM pedal and had Seb (tuner) push my idle RPMs up by 50 so I didnt feel like the Z was about to stall when I went into first.

When I was NA I had a emissions test issue and ended up going back to the stock map , and holy **** is there a difference between a tune and OEM. The Z felt like driving a commuter car on OEM map, massive throttle lag, etc.

As for what I've now learned is "tramlining." Damn! I've had the same issue and thought something was seriously busted/my fat azz was causing alignment issues. Thanks for helping air that issue.