View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 06:40 PM   #5093 (permalink)
Zyonara91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010-Red-6spd-S/T
Zyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about starting a thread about great memories we have had with out Z's. But I think this thread will suffice.

I remember when I first got my Z. It was an hour and half drive as it was a private sale. We went in the Corolla. There she was, as I made the right turn, my mom said "wow that is a nice car good choice!". As I paid the last amount the guys hands were shaking, he did NOT want to give the car away. He was selling because he was getting married and got a work truck.

I paid cash up front, and as I was finishing up, his gf/fiance came and said she already bought a wedding dress with the cash I paid up front, the guys face was funny to watch haha. A true Ken and Barbie couple. He was a power engineer and the car was babied by him and my mechanic knew him so all was well.

I threw the stock suspension into the Corolla, the stock exhaust as well and off we went! I saw the guys face he was about to cry and shrugged his gf off his shoulder hahah. While driving and making a left at a intersection I stalled the car! Hahah! There was a big rig on coming and panicked, quickly started the car and go out of there quick!

On the highway I was ecstatic! Such a different driving experience and the car was so low (it was on coils). On the highway I was sweating like a hooker in church. I was in the far right lane doing 100 not trying to cause a rucus. I sent a photo of the wheel to my cousin and he was like "No...You're joking, this isn't yours". He has a S2000 as was happy when he got news I finally got the Z.

When I brought it back home and saw it in my drive way I was the happiest man there could be. My former boss came down with her husband to check it out as she once had a red 350z (First one in Ontario). The following day I had many people on the street come check the car out as I've been on the same street for the past 29 years of my life. They were all happy I finally got the car I would never shut up about haha. My Italian neighbours and older family members all thought it was a Porsche and word spread that I bought a Porsche LOL! All the elderly folk complained "it's too low" but liked the colour and design.

The best was when I would take the car to ice cream shops or just be cruising. Little kids would smile and give me the thumbs up and I'd let them sit in the car and what not. While driving the kids that would look a the car and give me the thumbs up was hilarious and I would always drop a gear and make a little noise and they would get so happy.

What a summer that was, hard to believe it was five years ago! The car has been a gem to drive since and it makes you appreciate many things.

Last edited by Zyonara91; 03-13-2021 at 06:43 PM.