View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 06:37 AM   #313 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
I'm also back on my project to get a set of non-shitty-to-work-with and legal fuca for the z. I picked up these arms from gk-tech. The plan will be to buy some rod ends to replace the sphericals on the inboard side of the upper control arm. My first thought would be to replace them with the rod ends from the z1 arms which are actually pretty nice. Unfortunately the z1 rod ends appear to be rh thread and the gk-tech need a lh thread. So where I am is I will need a lh thread 3/4 16 rod end with a non metallic cylinder bushing. There seem to be a few off the shelf options available at speedway motors and summit racing but I am open to other sources and input from anyone with fabrication experience.
Before they allowed sphericals in SP I went through the same thing for the rear arms. I just got the rod ends from Speedway and they've worked fine ever since. I did need tp have a local machine shop make me a few sleeves and spacers though to match the OE dimensions though.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock

Last edited by gomer_110; 03-13-2021 at 07:14 AM.
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote