View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 08:53 PM   #126 (permalink)
Zerafian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13' MB 370z
Zerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond repute

A few updates on the car. 3/12/21

1. About 5 weeks ago, I was getting on the interstate and one of the bolts holding the front splitter, pulled right through the bottom of the bumper. It ended up leaving the splitter unsecure in the middle. During that time, it caused the front of the bumpers paint to spider crack, due to all the flexing. So first pic is of that working getting fixed. They are currently working on a few metal bars that will be inside the bumper, reinforcing the bolts. The initial issue wasn't their fault, the bumper just wasnt thick enough and Ive also never used splitters on my cars. Lesson learned on that front.

2. To better help with fitment of the side skirts, in the door jam area, they used some epoxy originally. I told them that Id need to be able to take my side skirts off to do my own work on the car, especially being as low as Iam. So they went in, removed the epoxy and I asked them to fit a bolt where the kit doesnt actually sit up against the car, like it should. Even my 350z and g35 had the same issue in the side skirt area. Nothing to reinforce that spot on the skirt. Anyways, there will be more flush bolts replacing the current ones. Now the skirts are removable...which is now, how it should be. I do get what they were trying to achieve but sacrifice of skirt removal was a bit ridiculous. Also showing fitment right behind the doors, where the side skirts line up.

3. Replaced the standard bolts, on the side skirts, with more flush style bolts. Ill also be adding sliplo attachments on the front and side splitters

4. And last, the driver side rear bumper, right where it meets up with the fender, there was a slight body work screw up. The body line wasnt rounded the way it should have been, there was a slightly "bend". So they went in and fixed that. The black on black made it really hard to see and if I didnt plan on wrapping the car, I would have told them to leave it. I know it will bug the hell out of me if there was a light color on the car and it stuck out EVEN MORE..

LC500 exhaust set uphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7DiA43ZYw&t

Last edited by Zerafian; 03-12-2021 at 08:57 PM.
Zerafian is offline   Reply With Quote