Thread: A Brain Fart...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 04:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
This has me thinking... I have no problem locally getting 93 octane, but let’s say I’m out of town and all they have is 91 octane? Never really thought about it since I rarely travel far with her.
The difference between 93 and 91 isn't all that much for a DD. The ECM will pull some timing and you will lose a little power but you shouldn't do any damage as long as you drive carefully. Keep your toenails out of the radiator until you can get the octane back up.

Personally, I'd use octane booster only if I got some very low octane (say >= 4 ratings less). Keep in mind that the octane boost printed on the bottle is usually in "points" not octane numbers - it's gonna take a lot of booster to make much of a difference.