View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #37 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Well there are acouple of us that have had the Audi TTs and can do a fair comparison. I had the MK1 and MK2 Audi TT and where the Z was faster than both of those, they had the edge in refinement. Now the new TTS and TTRS are just as fast and faster then the Z and still have the edge in refinement, but also cost more (TTS $43K and TTRS isnt even in the states yet and may not get here but if it does prolly around $60K). But if you were to put the things that refine the Audi into the Z it would cost just as much or more too. The DSG, Quattro, turbo, magnetic ride, aluminum frame and interior refinement cost money. But make no doubt the TTS and TTRS even with the backseat is a true sports car. I know how some feel about back seats not being a sports car cuz I kinda feel the same about 4 door cars that say they are a sports car. To me a sports car is a 2 door car. I loved my TTs and I love the Z but each for different reasons other than the speed factor.