Thread: AFR problems
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gooch
Base Member

Drives: 15 370z 6MT Nismo
Gooch will become famous soon enough

Neat video. I have spoken to Seb about this problem in the past. I sent him logs and he even adjusted the tune for the WOT richness. Honestly, I think he kind of grew tired of me complaining about the unusual behavior I was experiencing and he attributed it to normal divergences that he displayed in the video you posted. He said it was normal. The reason why I beg to disagree, for my case at least, is because it did not do this when he initially tuned it and for many months and thousands of miles after. Additionally, the AFR divergences are most notable at low loads (idle and cruising) rather than high loads, as you might expect. This is why I began to suspect a mechanical defect. But I can’t think of what defect would cause this. So, perhaps we should just try tuning this condition out? Of course, that should be the last thing we try, hence this thread..

I realize this was kind of a shot in the dark. It is difficult to diagnose problems like these over the internet. But it was worth seeing if someone had experienced something similar.

Thank you for your input!