View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 07:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2string1 View Post
Nisson wants to do a transmission fluid change. My 2010 370Z has 40K. They tell me they do a flush with a machine. Is this safe or will it create problems?
OP no need for a new thread. I highly subjest not using a machine it can be dangerous and harm your transmission. At 40K simply flush and fill and repeat the process again if the transmission fluid is still not a bright red color. Do a flush and fill every 20K-30K miles or every three years and your transmission should operate normally. The Nissan dealership service department you are going to may be trying to damage/harm your transmission and offer you extra service for no reason. I know several people here that changed their fluid at 50K and 60K and the transmission fluid looked a very dark color and degraded. Find a reputable transmission shop or driveline shop that you trust to have them change your transmission fluid for you if you can't do it yourself. Also be sure the proper transmission fluid is being used for your service.