View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

OP, have you shopped/lived with any other recent cars? If not, I've got some really bad news for you.

My previous car was a 2016 GTI SE DSG+PP. In my 3 yr lease it needed a new DSG trans, the sunroof assembly replaced, the evap system repaired...oh and on day 1 of owning it the CEL came on 15 minutes from when I left the dealer.
According to other Mk7 GTI owners, the fancy corner-following headlights could glitch and so could the ESCL.

I bought my wife a 2020 Toyota Corolla HB. It uses fancy LED headlights. She hit a mattress on the freeway with it, and that's how I found out that the LED headlights are $1200 EACH. Should you need to replace BOTH headlights for ANY reason, it will cost you $2400 on a car that I paid $20,750 for. That's over 11% of the cost of the car just for the darn headlights.

I'm definitely not dismissing your complaints, I totally agree that manufacturers are adding things that put long-term ownership into question, make it more expensive. However, Nissan could just tell you to "don't let the door hit you in the a5s on your way out, have fun finding a more reliable car in 2022!!!"
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote