View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
slongholio
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z AT Red
slongholio is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan, Please fix these on the 400Z that were fails on the 350-370

Anything I missed?

Epic fail #1

The NAV system. Does anyone disagree? Completely useless. Give me the ability to option out if you're going to make it suck again. Had to get it because it came along with the other options that I did want.

#Epic Fail #2:

The steering column lock that gets stuck and leaves you stranded. On top of having to pay for a tow, you replace/repair it with the same shitty part that will fail again. And charge way too much damn money for it. So like I and many others did, we pull the fuse on it so it won't happen again. Just leave it off and lower the overall price of the car if you're not going to fix it.

Fail #3

The trunk latch actuator that is made with plastic gears inside. Ok, yeah, you screwed up, had the opportunity to make a better part once you knew the issue, but you didn't. Still had to replace with a new failure prone part for hundreds of dollars. Really? That much for a little plastic piece of ****, and you don't fix it when you realize so many people are having a problem with it?

Fail #4
Trunk that won't open because of a shitty piece of plastic spring. Nuff said. Had the issue within six months. People on youtube putting pennnies in there. So how does that inspire me to have confidence in your engineering? A couple ******* pennies can fix it, but you can't? lol.

Fail #5

That plastic trim under the engine making it a pain in the *** to change the oil. For **** sake, at least make it aluminum, and don't use plastic ******* screws to keep it on. Some 10mm bolts would be nice for that application, in there are any mechanical engineers working for you, they'd know what I'm talking about.

Did I miss anything? Feel free to add on. Overall I'm happy with my 2011 370, but this **** here feels like something from Fisher Price, not a well engineered machine.
slongholio is offline   Reply With Quote