View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 03:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Actually, the terrible bends were part of the stage 1 kit, I had the original and it was a terrible design. The move away from that into a straighter pipe and the filter under the exhaust manifold was the compromise so higher boost to be reached. Not sure who has had a melted filter or intake issues but curious on that one, been running the 1.5 kit with the straighter pipe for many years with intake temps 5-8 above ambient in Texas summer with no issues.

Just like this forum I keep an eye on the 350z side and read up on all the builds I can find, not saying they were magical numbers made, just that the 350z guys got into the C38R already.

I never said you were producing this for high numbers, that was directed at another user here. I am happy to see another shot with a supercharger with the Rotrex because I think it provides the best power band for our car and real gains. The original response was with someone saying the 370z has not seen a Rotrex tested on this car, which it has for many builds with high success. Just as you said, in the early 2010 days 500whp was crazy high so the early SC folks hit 400-450whp and stopped and very few went after the high numbers until you brought a real kit (Stillen with A2A) to market.
Here is one instance of a melted filter which you replied to.
Supercharger air filter replacement

Again, there is only one guy (that I have ever seen) that tried the C38R on the 350Z and he seen a 5.2psi gain on a pulley and intercooled system designed for a much smaller head unit. It was goatofrafin.