View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 12:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
The problem with ‘big numbers’ in a SC build is you won’t really see the same results as a TT build. The twin turbo kits are amazing and provide some great head room if you get into a built engine, where the SC kits can do solid numbers but once you start down the engine building route you realize a TT kit just gets you more.

My view, or opinion, was always the SC was a solid power plant and delivery for folks who did not want to get into the power race. You can get solid numbers and have an amazing car, but if you want to play at the top of the power scale you are better off investing in a TT kit (and of course the engine).
The question here is what is considered "built motor" range? When I first bought my Z, 12 psi was considered the max amount of boost you could throw at it with it being safe. That was in 2014. Now we have guys pushing all sorts of numbers and the "whats safe" is very arbitrary. How long will it last? How hard do you drive it? What supporting mods do you have?..etc.
There are guys stating to make 800whp on the stock block.

That is not the point here. I am not introducing this kit to be the most powerful kit on the market. The point is that there will be a supercharger option which will be $6250 for a tuner kit that will make the most power out of the box available for our platforms and it has the ability to realize minimal loss if you prefer to run a filter. A lot of guys like superchargers (for numerous reasons) and this kit will just make sense compared to anything available for dollar per hp fun.

Most sensible guys would be happy with fully filtered air while still having 550+whp on a supercharger and having a reliable setup.

Right now there isnt a single supercharger kit on the market that can bring the VQ to its limits without stressing the supercharger by way overspinning it and without stressing the engine by running a turboguard, which filters nothing but a gigantic rock.

And of course there are numerous other benefits as described on the first post.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 03-08-2021 at 01:24 PM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote