Thread: Proto Z
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #38 (permalink)
Evildky
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo STU/T3
Evildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
If they call it 400Z (highly highly doubt that) I would just debadge it.
I debadged my Q60 simply because all Nissan/Infiniti did for my 2014 coupe was change the name from G37 Coupe to Q60. I disagreed with it and removed all 3.7 and Q60 badges (the "3.7" badges were tasteless and goofy looking, added on during the Q transition).

But, come on. Nissan is trying to acknowledge the Z lineage. 400 would seriously be totally arbitrary. They have shown the car with "Fairlady Z" badging, and most enthusiasts are already quite familiar with that name already. It may end up being Fairlady Z and everyone will be having a "duh!" moment!

If Nissan doesn't do it, I'm going to add the "TWIN TURBO" decal from the Z32 on the rear panel just like on the Z32s.
Agree on all points, "Fairlady Z" or even just "Z" would be better than an arbitrary number.

The bigger issue is we are on a website considered to be the authority on the current Z model and for them to name a forum for the upcoming model isn't surprising, it is however surprising to see them use the name coined by someone with no knowledge of the traditional naming convention. instead of calling it "Propt Z', Or New Z" or "Next Z" is just disappointing.

Also someone mentioned the 2+2 coming along wiht the ZX and that's not accurate. The 2+2 was introduced on the 74 260Z, which was the middle of the S30 production, the 280ZX wasn't introduced until 1979.
Evildky is offline   Reply With Quote