View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMMONKEY777 View Post
Nice, but here what i would change on your build, the setrab oil cooler that is located btw the intercooler and the radiator needs to be removed it creates radiant heat for the intercooler and lowers cooling efficiency of the radiator, i bought like a cheap tube in a fin cooler and mounted it where the coolant reservoir was (moved the reservoir to a bottle style to mount it in a diff location) and i mount another one on the bottom of the radiator fans this increased my cooling just because of the finned hood that vented it all, i also suggest moving that driver side oil cooler if its in front of the air intakes.

I also dont approve of Z1 diff cover, in my exp, it did not deliver a sufficient amount of oil to the teeth of the ring and pinion, i had to rebuild it, i highly suggest the Nismo finned cover it has a much better oil pick up guides design.

I also have the borg warner wastegates welded shut, and have the external tial wastegates welded on the manifold, waaaay better i agree.

Also the AAM intercooler is a pice of ****, you need a better one by design i use the fast intensions intercooler it has less restrictions.

If you are not using the A/C then cut the condenser from the radiator to increase cooling.

One more thing wrap the intake pipes from the intercooler to the intake manifold in heat resistant wrap material, this will keep that cool air not being heated by the heat under the hood, be4 it gets to the manifold.
I agree with everything here. There are a lot of holes in this build that should of been addressed. Would of prevented a lot of issues. Fast intentions uses some of the best intercooler on the market “bells intercooler”
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote