Thread: Proto Z
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 09:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
I've been thinking about it.

350ZX and 370ZX just sounds horrible, which is why I am sure they didn't go with that.

But for the number '300', it's a unique situation where ZX just goes better with it than Z. Thus 300ZX just sounds better than 300Z.

I understand the X denoted luxury, and I know some people here see the Z35 as a more return to form of the original 240Z, but let's be honest the Z35 has more luxury than the Z32 could have ever dreamed of.
Remember 2+2's? They occurred about the same time as "ZX" nomenclature.

The Infiniti G and Q Coupes are basically 2+2 ZX's. Makes sense why Nissan decided to go back to Z for Y2K....

I think Z32's are more luxurious than the upcoming Z. Ignoring the typical push of modern progress, the intent for luxury in the Z32 era was greater than the upcoming Z. The Z32 had trick AC controls on the binnacle, option for back seats, leather and T-tops and it stood out against other cars in the market. The modern Z35 has nothing an Altima won't already have....aside from a serious approach to performance.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote