View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 09:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
ADM has been crazy lately.

Even when(if) things normalize soon, if Nissan doesn't build enough Z's, there will be ADM with many dealers. These will be hot the first year or two.
On the flip side - if you are looking to sell your car and don't NEED to purchase one right now - it's probably the best time to sell a vehicle. From what i understand from watching Your Auto Advocate (YouTuber who is a former dealer who talks about things related to wholesale vs MSRP etc) is that the shortage was bad enough bc of the pandemic and now - it's worse bc of the chip shortage so that is increasing the demand for used cars which of course is driving up trade in values that get passed to the consumer.

I know I'll get 'looks' but I really do want a CTR but damn - it is finding a unicorn to get one of those cars at MSRP. And if you want a rare color like the Boost Blue - they add even more ADM to it. And I'm seeing used ones going for close to MSRP if not OVER MSRP (looking at you Carvana). Anyway hopefully the world will be 'back to normal' (whatever that is) by the time this car comes out so it won't be a supply issue creating ADM. I know I can't wait for the new Z.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote