Thread: My 2010 Sport
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 06:22 AM   #289 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

Keep forgetting to get a 3 jaw puller to get the ATI damper off so I focused elsewhere.

Fired up the band saw & welder and using one of the circles I cut out of the fan shroud, 1" angle and 2" flat aluminum bar I made a new battery mount.

Rivnut's are my new favorite thing to use. I don't think I can ever go back to nuts and bolts for things like this.

Will get a wider flange M6 bolt but the proof of concept works. My only concern is since the new battery is lower down and offset to the rear of the car, the alternator and starter cables may not reach so I might have to remake those.

Last edited by sirnixalot; 02-26-2021 at 06:26 AM.
sirnixalot is offline   Reply With Quote