View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 11:00 AM   #1820 (permalink)
TPrelude-370z
Base Member

Drives: 09-Tour-Sport-MB-6MT
TPrelude-370z is on a distinguished road
Default CSC failed at 15,000 miles

You can add me to the victims list. I have a 2015 with 15k on the odometer.

Pretty much the exact same story as everyone else. Luckily, I researched prior to having the dealership do anything (thanks to this forum of course). Long story short, I had Nissan replace the fluid, and bleed the line, which obviously didn’t work. They wanted like $2,500 to replace the usual suspects, and he probably added a bunch of things to inflate the bill. I don’t remember, because I wasn’t even listening at that point. I had no intentions of having them do the work, even if the CSC they were replacing it with was a good part, and not made of plastic.

I went through the Nissan complaints/claims process, to no avail. Has anyone ever won one of those battles, and gotten their bill covered for csc/cmc failure, out of warranty? It looks like no, but figured it’s worth asking. I ended up getting the JWT CSC, and OEM master replaced by a 370z mechanic who knew the problem well. It was 1,170 total ($420 for parts $750 for labor). The car is running great. It feels like I’m learning how to drive stick again, because of how soft the clutch became before failing. I had forgotten how high the engagement point was. Is there any harm to removing the assist spring, that I keep reading about?

Basically Nissan is handing everyone who purchases the Z, a bill for 1-2k, before even driving it home. What makes me sick, is they still use the exact same part to this day. I’m a soured with Nissan for good. I would think it would be less expensive to fix the problem and make whole the people who were screwed, than to lose so many loyal Z enthusiasts. When the next Z comes out, we are all going to be thinking, “Okay, what sh!tty part is going to go bad in this car.” And we will 100% know that Nissan will do whatever is in their power to screw you, instead of help. It’s saddening to me.
TPrelude-370z is offline   Reply With Quote