View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 08:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
Straight pulls from a stop can hook with decent weather and surface.

Wheelspin is mainly a thing with corner exits. Feel like I have more of an issue with the ability to set/pivot the car going in, though, and just running the corner nose-heavy. A little floatier as well, although the suspension and brake updates would've suggested otherwise.

Bit hard to tell if the problem is more of the tires or the stability system. It feels like the weight sits on the front/outer corner longer than my 2018 model.

It's a funny way to assess what should be a family car, but two iterations in, and of course it being used regularly, it naturally becomes a point of discussion lol
The CX5 really likes throttle-heavy in a corner because of the weight distribution. If you have FWD and 320# of torque, that's a very tall order. I can see why you feel this way. AWD really makes it come alive in a corner, as you can just go WOT and it simply hooks up an the weight shifts/nose lightens. Very similar to how my 2012 370Z Sport/Touring was, actually, except the CX5 has lower limits, and ironically, way better suspension rebound control.

I entered this corner way heavier/slower than I should have, but I didn't want to be doing any catching of anything and the main purpose was the demonstrate mid and exit and how the AWD plays a role in planting the vehicle, not exactly proper corner entry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX9-JTW9-38

In the rain it dead hooks from a stop or a slow roll/drop into 1st on asphalt or concrete. 1-2 WOT shifts don't even squeak the tires.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 02-25-2021 at 02:12 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote