View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
NonLinearEdit
Base Member

Drives: 2010 G37X Slate 7AT
NonLinearEdit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
just run a 25-50 percent methanol mix sprayed into the single pipe before the y at the throttles and have it only come on at around 4 lbs of pressure with the controller or a hobbs switch and dont get crazy with the jet size. having higher octane will not make the car run worse it just means less pre-ignition. the car will actually advance timing on its own because it usually pulls timing normally so it will run what it wants. most of the power gain comes from the charge cooling from evaporating the water and meth. if you dont over jet the crap out of it it wont effect the afr enough to hurt it since meth like to run rich AF anyway. side benefit of just jetting it enough to bring your charge air temp down is that you wont have to fill the tank as often too.

Edit: side effect of running it this way is that if you ever run out of meth in the tank it just goes back to normal
Thanks lol this was the exact type of answer I was looking for lol. As far as jet size, I was going to run the 400-650 jet size, I believe it's #5 from Snow. Should I run the smaller jet size you think? Or just dial back the max value if it's too much?
NonLinearEdit is offline   Reply With Quote