View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

its a code that says the supply voltage is out of range. check the ring terminal connector on the alternator and the alternator cable for corrosion. i had it light on fire once because the alternator was trying to bring up the cars voltage through the corrosion. if your battery gauge does weird inconsistent drops in voltage to like 12-13v and sometimes is up near 15-16v it could be the issue. mine did it for a year before the cable melted. if i drove it infrequently i was always fitting bad batteries because it would be either under charged or having 16v thrown at it. i also ended up replacing the alternator but if you catch it earlier it might be ok. unbolt the cable from the alternator and check that it is still flexable and the electrical tape hasnt hardened if it has cut the tape back a bit slide the rubber boot out of the way and see if the cable is turning green from corrosion. if it is replace it. then check the ring terminal and the post on the alternator for signs of arcing or corrosion, clean up if its there and if the post or nut are corroded replace the nut on the alternator where the connector seats too. use a bit of dielectric grease or the red spray for battery terminals, re tape the end of the wire if it isnt corroded and reinstal. if the cable is corroded you will have to replace it.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote