Thread: Lexus IS500
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what to think so far.

Price point
Competing on paper
How nice regular Toyotas are already for everyday purpose

The GS-F was a cool car, and I feel it had a more imposing presence, but with that money I feel it took a very different lust. And now we have something of a replacement (well, I more of IS-F replacement) that comes up in a line that is a bit of a "second midlife". It's underwhelming in that train of thought, imo.

But we're in an increasingly scarce market of NA V8 luxury sedans. This probably isn't the fastest thing in its segment, but something still tickles. When I went RC-F shopping, there's a bit of a giggle just thinking "this is a Toyota" and "this is a V8" when you start it in the dealer lot.

Would if I could as a second car.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote