View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
NonLinearEdit
Base Member

Drives: 2010 G37X Slate 7AT
NonLinearEdit is on a distinguished road
Default Methanol Injection

Morning Everyone,

I have the stillen SC kit w/ the garbage water cooler, I upgraded to a frozen boost but as it expected it did little to nothing to help. In the summer I'm getting 160+ IATs after a few pulls, etc.

I had a lot of stupid **** come up along the way that I've had to redo over or be overly complex with that have cost me a lot of my budget and an A2A conversion is not in my cards right now. I was going to run E85 but I lost a station by me and the only other one is almost an hour away now. So I'm turning to Meth lol. Someone else by me has a 370 w/ a similar setup on meth and has had good results.

I have some concerns about how this works and I can't really seem to find a good answer. I would like to take advantage of the timing you can get with meth but I want to do it safely and it seems all the flow monitors available for creating a failsafe are awful and either dont work or they're not meant for methanol and fail prematurely... like within months of installing.

I'm trying to understand the capabilities of this so I can have more productive discussions with my tuner about it. The mere advantage of air charge cooling is more than significant in my case, but I'm reading that depending on flow rate and methanol ratio, it could raise octane up to 116. How do you take advantage of the colder air charge without adjusting for the change in octane? In my thought process the ECU would be constantly making some crazy live adjustments to accommodate for a change in octane like that. Is there a threshold that you could take advantage of the extra timing without having flow failure be a concern for detonation?
NonLinearEdit is offline   Reply With Quote