View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
Today I finally got around to implementing a usb y setup similar to yours. I was able to make it work with my factory usb port so I was pretty happy about that. Now I just need to figure out whats draining my tablet overnight on occasion.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Sorry, didn't see this before but I know with the Lava hub, you had to open it up and snip one of the connections so that the accessories wouldn't continue to draw power from the tablet once the car was off. There's a video on Workshop 12's blog that shows how to do it (if you're using that device).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noyLO9bN0H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LENTZ View Post
I have the V1 kit installed and am having the same power issue as people in this thread have explained. I want to do the Y charge cable as multiple people have done here, however I have the Brainiac all-in-1 electronics box instead of stand alone parts. How would I go attaching a Y cable to the Brainiac electronics box outputs and what cable should I order?

Thank you,
Nick
No clue really, I'm not sure how it's wired inside of the box. You may be able to simply add a male to female USB-A extension to one of the open USB outlets and just plug it directly into the wall how we do, but that's really a question for the guys at Workshop 12... unless you just want to experiment (that's pretty much what I did ).

Last edited by NorthStyle; 02-20-2021 at 02:41 PM.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote