Thread: My 2010 Sport
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 07:41 AM   #287 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

Here we are again! So I kinda gave up on the car for about 9 months, with what's happening in the world right now and all that blah blah blah I had more important things to stress over and the mighty 1.4L Nissan Cube was proving to be an awesome daily (37mpg with my heavy foot). Last year I decided I wanted a truck also and that build has taken my mind off the shitty situation I found myself in with the Z.

I got a pair of 2011 heads from Husam (BTWTuning) who had them checked and decked at the machine shop and he also swapped in the JWT valve springs on the exhaust side so I can reuse my C2 cams. Those should ship out this week.

In preparation for their arrival I am pulling the motor (again). It was smoking after I rebuilt it the last time which was probably due to me reusing the rings on the one cylinder that I replaced the rod in. I will be re-honing all cylinders and installing new rings to the same gap's that AAM's machinist had in there. Also while I measured the bearing clearances which required Grade 1 OEM rod bearings I noticed some shavings on the magnetic bung so I will be inspecting the bearings and replacing those if need be.

Hoping that this round I solve the VVEL refusing to work in bank 1 and the smoking. Pretty excited to get back in the driver seat and enjoy the power.